Solmar V Scuba Nature Cruise taking applications for unique Sea of Cortez voyage
(DiverWire) Today’s scuba divers are looking for more than just exciting underwater experiences. To help address this new “land and sea” trend, the Solmar V live-aboard vessel has introduced a special Scuba Nature Cruise June 15-22 that allows guests the opportunity for great diving in the Sea of Cortez AND the opportunity for unique “non-diving” adventures.
According to Jose Luis Sanchez of Solmar V, “This is an incredible opportunity designed for dedicated divers AND divers looking for a little more. There are a limited number of spaces and we’re excited to offer this unique itinerary.”
To celebrate, the Solmar V is offering a special rate ($1499 plus taxes) on a first-come, first-served basis. While they last, upgrades to “Superior” rooms are also available.
The Sea of Cortez Baja Nature Cruise includes: 7 nights aboard Baja’s premier liveaboard, Solmar V. 6 days of diving, snorkeling & kayaking, meals, snacks, wine, beer, tanks & weights, snorkeling equipment, kayaks, eco-seminars, port and national park fees.
Details: Departing from Cabo San Lucas, Baja California, come scuba, snorkel, kayak and explore the incredible Sea of Cortez. Enjoy SCUBA, sunset beach barbecues, and the natural beauty of the Sea of Cortez, all aboard the Solmar V, known for the most experienced liveboard crew in Baja. This is the perfect trip to bring your non-diving friends and family. Come learn about the fascinating Baja marine life, birds, history and geology from our knowledgeable onboard naturalist while having the time of your life!
- SCUBA, snorkeling and kayaking at Cabo Pulmo Marine Sanctuary, the largest living coral reef on the west coast of North America and other prime dive sites such as El Bajo and Las Animas.
- SCUBA, snorkel and kayak at Los Islotes, the largest reproductive sea lion colony in the entire Sea of Cortez. Especially fun in June when the inquisitive sea lion pups are at a very playful age.
- Snorkel with whale sharks, the largest fish in the world. If there are whale sharks in the area, we use a spotter plane to locate them in La Paz bay and surrounding areas.
- Explore an incredible mangrove lagoon on an uninhabited island using our 22 ft inflatables and escorted by our onboard naturalist. Incredible bird watching!
- Anchor off pristine white sand coves under the Baja stars, feast on fresh fish and carne asada grilled on the beach while witnessing brown pelicans dive-bombing for their dinner at sunset. Kayaking, snorkeling and beach combing will be available at these stops.
- Frequent bird watching opportunities, either from our inflatables, kayaks or hiking uninhabited islands in the Sea of Cortez.
- Encounter huge schools of dolphins and sometimes whales
- Enjoy three evening seminars by our onboard naturalist exploring the magnificent Baja Peninsula and its inhabitants both above and below the surface of the sea.
The Solmar V is a 112’ luxury liveaboard yacht with an outstanding reputation for service and safety. All staterooms and indoor areas are air conditioned. All staterooms are well appointed with private bath, shower and marine head. Our crew is professional, courteous and knows Baja like the back of their hand. Come join us for an adventure of a lifetime!!
For more information, visit the Solmar V website – Solmar V Scuba Nature Cruise
To book or with questions, please call 866-591-4906 or send an email to ASK@SolmarV.com