Just-Released Oceanic BCD weighs less than six pounds
(DiverWire) Oceanic Worldwide has just announced the availability of its new BioLite Buoyancy Control Device (BCD). This long-anticipated product provides a light-weight, yet fully-functioning solution to buoyancy control.
In response to the rising costs of airline travel, many companies have started developing more lightweight scuba diving products. The BioLite BCD from Oceanic weighs just 5.5 pounds and can easily be brought along as a carry-on should a dive travel so desire.
“It may be lightweight, but the new BioLite from Oceanic is certainly no light weight when it comes to BCDs,” said Doug Krause, Marketing Director for Oceanic Worldwide. “In fact, based on the initial demand and product orders, could easily become our top-selling BCD for 2011.”
Krause said the BioLite features Cordura® construction and Oceanic’s patented BioFlex® bladder that provides an added level of durability and comfort to the product. He notes that not all lightweight BCDs can stand up to the demands of today’s modern divers due to lower-quality materials not made for the diving environment.
The BioLite keeps things simple with a clean, straightforward design that focuses on comfort and convenience. If your travel plans call for lightweight luggage, then the BioLite BC is definitely for you.
Some of the Biolite’s features include:
- Total BC weight is only 5.5 lbs. (size large with standard inflator)
- Includes right shoulder carabineer adjustable positioning system
- Streamlined, Integrated “Quick Drop” Weight System accommodates up to 14 lbs.
- Low profile back pack, makes it easy to fold in half for traveling purposes
- Low profile bladder design and made with Patented BioFlex® material
- Self-Adjusting sternum strap
- Depth compensating waist band
- Generous soft pad
- Dual 5 lbs. tank band trim weight pockets
For more details and information on how to order this brand-new product, visit your local Oceanic retailer.