AERIS introduces new ATMOS hybrid BCD
(DiverWire) Today’s BCDs certainly offer a myriad of designs and options. Leave it to the engineers from AERIS to develop an innovative product that brings together all the elements of popular BC designs for a one-of-a-kind jacket that has something for every diver – the ATMOS from AERIS.
The ATMOS features a hybrid air cell design that delivers freedom of movement similar to other rear-inflation models. Add to this a unique wrap-around design that delivers more lift than other units and superior upright positioning on the surface and you have a product sure to attract every diver’s attention.
“When you’re talking about a BC, any BC, it’s all about fit, comfort and function,” explains AERIS Marketing Manager Doug Krause. “With the ATMOS, we’ve developed a BC that delivers top-of-the-line performance in each of these areas. From the hybrid air cell, to the multi-adjustment harness and multiple adjustment options, the ATMOS has something for every diver.”
Krause explains that as AERIS has complete control over the design and manufacturing process, they’re able to respond very quickly to feedback from users and retailers. Last year, after a series of extensive discussions and meetings with retailers, AERIS designers brought the hybrid design back with updated materials and features in the new ATMOS design. The result is an enhanced version of a popular BC model taken to an entirely new level.
In addition to the other features, the ATMOS offers multiple adjustment and attachment points, allowing customization of the BC specific to the diver’s needs. The ATMOS is weight-integrated with a combination of dumpable (20 lbs.) and non-dumpable (10 lbs.) weight pockets.
Additional features include:
- Large, uniquely shaped rear-inflation bladder – Provides maximum amount of lift
- Wrap-around air lobes on each side allow for an upright position when on the surface
- Integrated Weight System accommodates up to 20 lbs. plus dual 5 lbs. trim weight pouches on the back for improved in-water positioning
- Padded Backplate featuring a carry handle and extended lumbar support to transfer tank weight onto hips, relieving stress on shoulders
- Easily adjustable and replaceable depth compensating cummerbund
- Tank positioning strap
- Three (3) over pressure relief valves optimize buoyancy control
- Stainless Steel pre-bent D-rings prevents fumbling for attachment points
- Dual adjust sternum with dual positioning to evenly distribute weight
- Two D-rings located on pocket panel, one on the front and one near the rear
- Large zippered pockets on both sides
- Left and right pocket knife mount
- Bottom front pocket grommets for retractor mounting
- Elastic utilized to maintain a low-profile when BC is inflated
- Adjustable harness system
- Adjustable quick release buckle shoulder
The ATMOS BC is available now from AERIS. Click here (http://diveaeris.com/p_bcs_atmos.html) for complete features, specs, size chart, and images.
For more details and ordering information, please contact your AERIS rep or feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com or by phone at (800) 647-0605.