Watch Coral Spawning in Bonaire
September and October are the months when coral spawning is expected each year on Bonaire. Coral spawning, or the cultivation of the corals, is something unique and a “must-see” for every diver. This spectacular event takes place on Bonaire when several coral species (but also other organisms) release secretions into the water column at the same time under the influence of environmental circumstances such as water temperature and a very special position of the moon.
Any diver has to be very lucky to witness this event, but there is a schedule with forecasted dates for the 2010 coral spawning event (click here to view in PDF format: http://www.bonaireinsider.com/pdfs/20100531-CoralSpawning.pdf).
Special dive packages are available for the 2010 coral spawning season with a variety of popular properties with prices and amenities to suit every budget:
• Bonaire Seaside Apartments offers packages for one and two bedroom apartments as well as three bedroom villas. Seven night packages between August 28 – October 1, 2010 begin at $565.00 per person, October 2 – December 17, 2010 begin at $628.00 per person. Both packages are based on quad occupancy in a two bedroom, two bathroom ocean view apartment including a double-cabin pickup truck, 6 days of unlimited tanks for shore diving, special guided coral spawning night dive, and all hotel and dive taxes.
• Coco Palm Garden offers a package which is $544,00 per person, double occupancy in a studio unit. This package includes 7 night’s accommodation, a rental vehicle, 6 days unlimited shore diving, a special guided coral spawning night dive, and all taxes. Please note that air-conditioning, if desired, is $12.50 per room per night additional.
• Happy Holiday Homes offers a special package of $524.00 per person, based on double occupancy; $473.00 per person, based on quad occupancy. Package includes 7 night’s accommodations, 7 days double-cabin pickup truck, 6 days unlimited shore diving, 1 special guided coral spawning night dive, all taxes and fees. Group reservations can be arranged as well.
• Tropicana Apartments offers several packages. All packages include 7 night’s accommodations, double-cabin pickup truck, 6 days unlimited shore diving, special guided coral spawning night dive, and all taxes. Price is $484.00 per person based on quad occupancy in a two-bedroom unit, $599.00 per person double occupancy in a studio unit, or $634.00 per person double occupancy in a one-bedroom unit.
• Yachtclub Apartments is offering their coral spawning package of $659.50 per person, based on double occupancy, and the package includes 7 night’s studio accommodations, rental car, 6 days unlimited shore diving, 1 special guided coral spawning night dive, and all taxes. A group of ten persons can also be accommodated in the Yachtclub’s penthouse suite. The cost, minimum 10 persons, is $509.20 per person and includes 7 nights accommodations in the penthouse, 2 rental cars for the week, 6 days unlimited shore diving, 1 special guided coral spawning night dive, and all taxes.
For more information or to book one of these coral spawning packages, contact Dive Friends Bonaire at email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those staying at other properties on Bonaire are welcome to join Dive Friends Bonaire for the coral spawning dives. For any dates when coral spawning is predicted, Dive Friends Bonaire is organizing special night dives for their guests to see the phenomenon. This night dive is $49.00 per person (excluding equipment and air), plus 5% sales tax, with a minimum of four persons. Advance reservations are recommended to avoid disappointment. For more information or to make a reservation, please contact email@example.com. Please note that LED night lights will be available to rent, for $12.00 per light, plus 5% sales tax.
Dive Friends Bonaire is one of Bonaire’s premier diving facilities offering full diving and snorkeling services while still providing personal attention. Two retail stores are available in Kralendijk, in addition to four diving facilities.
For additional information about all their services, visit their web site at www.dive-friends-bonaire.com, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.