Wreck Racing League releases 2011 schedule
(DiverWire) The Wreck Racing League and Formula H2O will return for it’s second season of underwater racing in May. The first race of 2011 kicks off where it all began on the USNS Vandenberg with three days of race activities in Key West Florida from May 20th to 22nd.
On June 4th Formula H2O invades Europe for the Underwater Grand Prix of Rome on June 4th and 5th. In a partnership with the Italian scuba organization Sea Scout, the Wreck Racing League will bring the fastest growing underwater sport to the seaside town of Santa Marinella near Rome.
Formula H2O racers will gather off the coast of Fort Myers for series first race in the warm waters Gulf of Mexico from June 24th to the 26th.
The Gold Coast Underwater Grand Prix races back to Pompano Beach July 23rd-24th. Last year’s race was the largest race of the season and a huge turnout is expected to the track that created some exciting finishes.
Formula H2O’s next stop will celebrate the life and underwater contributions made by Wes Skiles. The Wes Skiles Memorial Shootout of Key Largo will bring the exciting world of underwater racing with underwater photography in honor of one of scuba diving biggest innovators from August 19th-20th.
The grand finale race and season wrap up celebration will be in Key West for the Quest for Atocha Gold in Key West October 14th – 16th.
- May 20th, 21st, 22nd – Vandenberg Underwater Grand Prix – Key West, FL
- June 4th, 5th – Rome, Italy
- June 24th, 25th, 26th – Fort Myers, FL
- July 22nd, 23rd, 24th – Gold Coast Underwater Grand Prix – Pompano Beach- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- August 19th, 20th, 21th – Wes Skiles Memorial Shoot Out – Key Largo, FL
- October 14th, 15th, 16th- Quest for Atocha Gold – Key West, FL
For more details, visit the website at www.WreckRacingLeague.com