Women Divers Hall of Fame announces FIVE new members
(DiverWire) The Women Divers Hall of Fame (WDHOF) , an international non-profit professional honor society dedicated to recognizing the contributions of women divers, has announced five new inductees.
The “Class of 2012” will be inducted during the Beneath the Sea Dive & Travel Show at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, New Jersey March 23 – 25, 2012.
The honorees are:
- Maurine Shimlock, Underwater Photographer & Author, Dive Travel Professional & Conservationist;
- Robin Parish, Educational Non-Profit Leader, Marine Biologist, Conservationist, Diving and Ocean Advocate;
- Nancy Easterbrook, Technical Diving Pioneer, Marine Environmentalist, Lobbyist & Conservationist;
- Nancy Guarascio, Dive Industry Professional, Underwater Photographer, Speaker;
- Amelia Behrens (deceased), Pioneer Hard Hat Diver
The WDHOF member roster spans a wide variety of fields including: The Arts, Science, Medicine, Sports, Exploration, Marine Archeology, Media, Service, Dive Training and Education, Safety, Business, Marine Environment and Conservation, Free Diving, Commercial Diving, and Military Diving. Throughout the year, WDHOF supports the underwater world and its associated careers by promoting opportunities for women and men in diving through scholarships, internships and mentorship opportunities.
For more information visit WDHOF.org.